Super Edge Empty Mini Column
Super Edge empty mini column is an empty column for biomedicine separation that anyone can easily packing.
- Reproducible packing of columns is possible with standardized user manuals.
- Anyone can easily pack into a mini column using the packing tool included in the starter kit (EMC1SK, EMC5SK).
- After obtaining the packing tool included in the starter kit, you can pack with empty column set (EMC1C10, EMC5C10).
Various chromatography resins / gels can be packed.
- This is an empty column that can properly pack agars, cellulose and acrylic resins that is commonly used in biomedicine or biological separation.
- The unique compressions structure enable optimal packing of biological chromatography resins.
※Not suitable for packing non-compressed materials such as silica gel. It cannot be used with organic solvents.
It can be connected to various chromatography systems.
- The column can be connected to a 1/16 inch tube with a common 10-32UNF standard finger tight connector.
Axial compression with double adapter column “Lab Column” for lab experiment
- "Lab Column" is currently under development. Please contact us for details.
E-mail : email@example.com
JNC’s Super Edge Empty Mini Column Starter Kit∗ can be used to make your own single-use, pre-packed 1 or 5 mL volume columns. These low cost kits can be used to pre-pack columns for advanced chromatography methods development or resin screening experiments.
The Kit provides a complete set of column parts needed to pre-pack column;
a) a Screw press/Stand
b) a packing reservoir
c) a rod for inserting the frit into the column and preparing a pre-packed column without needing special equipment
∗Resin is not included in the kit
Method of packing to the Empty Mini Column
The empty mini column starter kit is suitable for compression packing of a wide range of chromatography resins, such as cross-linked agarose and CellufineTM cellulose type resins widely used in biopharmaceutical manufacturing. This kit facilitates small scale experiments in this pre-packed column format for candidate resin screening and small scale process purification in the laboratory.
- ①column top cap is made blue colored polypropylene and when assembled on the column tube axially compresses the resin.
- ②column tube is made of translucent polypropylene to easily visualize the packed bed.
- ③ & ④frit’s are made of Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMW-PE) having a pore size of 20 µM.
- ⑤stop plug is made of Poly Ethyl Ether Ketone (PEEK) with a 10-32 UNF thread for easy sealing of the column when not in use.
- ⑥easy fittings made of PEEK with 10-32 UNF thread for connection of 1/16 inch OD tubing between the column and an AKTA*1chromatography or equivalent chromatography workstation.
- ⑦screw press/stand for;
a) holding columns upright during filling and
b) for assembling of the top cap by tightening the fitting of the device with a suitable wrench.
- ⑧a rod to insert the frit and push it to the bottom of the column tube.
- ⑨a packing reservoir is made of acrylic which is inserted into a column tube for adding and allowing the resin slurry to settle under gravity.
- *1AKTA is trademarks of GE Healthcare companies
|①Column top cap||Polypropylene|
|③Frit (bottom) 20μm||UHMW-PE|
|④Frit (top) 20μm||UHMW-PE|
|⑥Easy fitting Tubing connection||PEEK|